Community Room Rental
The Cameron – J. Jarvis Troup Municipal Library welcomes the use of its public room by nonprofit organizations and private groups in accordance with the following rules.
1. City of Troup, the Troup Municipal Library Board, the Friends of the Library and county/state official Business
2. Community service clubs and groups classified as non-profit by the state and federal
governments. Payments must be made in form of check from the non-profit organization
requesting use of the facility.
3. All other groups and individuals
Based on User Categories above
- User Category 1: No Cost
- User Category 2: $50.00 with a $50.00 deposit required
- User Category 3: $100.00 with a $100.00 deposit required
- The Library is committed to providing clean, safe, and attractive rooms to rent to the public.
- The Library rents the rooms for fees that cover the costs of maintenance, utilities, ordinary
wear and tear, equipment, staff time, and regular cleaning.
- The Library is not responsible for accidents, in or on the premises.
- The Library Board reserves the right to refuse the use of the facility to persons and
organizations not agreeing to and abiding by the rules stated on this page.
- Needs for this space by the Library, the City of Troup and county/state official business,
including the security and maintenance of the facility, will take precedence over all other
uses and considerations.
- Reservations can be made up to twelve months in advance.
- All paperwork and deposits must be completed at least ONE WEEK in advance.
- Requests will be handled on a first come, first served basis.
Rental Time Periods
- Whoever requests the rental first will have the option to keep the room the entire day. IF
someone is also interested in the same day, the first renter will be asked about the time
they will be using the building, but they will not be asked to leave to accommodate another
- If the room is empty the day prior to a rental, the renter MAY be allowed to decorate /
set-up. This will be determined by the Library Director.
- Deposits will be returned after events should there be NO need for repairs, replacement, or
special cleaning. Renters who rent frequently may leave their deposits with the Library
Director, replenishing them as needed.
- If rental is cancelled, the Library MUST be notified 48 hours prior to use. If not, HALF of
the deposit will be kept by the library and the other half will be returned to renter within 2
- Should there be damages and/or cleaning needs not attended to satisfactorily by the
renters, an appropriate sum will be deducted from the deposit.
- Renters will be billed for damages and/or cleaning needs should they be greater than the
- Rooms will not be rented to those with outstanding bills for room repairs, replacements, or
Rental Requirements and Responsibilities
- Renters must contact the Library during normal business hours to obtain a key.
- Use of the overhead projector, kitchen facilities, tables and chairs is included in rental.
All other items belonging to the Library and/or City are NOT to be used.
- If furnishings or equipment other than those the Library provides are desired, the renter
shall make the arrangements for the delivery and provision of these items. Library staff will
not be responsible for delivery of items to the library or for pick-up.
- Renters must be at least 21 years of age and an adult must be present during all rentals.
Renter will be held responsible for the supervision of all those present.
- Smoking is only allowed outside the building.
- The possession or drinking of alcoholic beverages is NOT allowed anywhere in the library
or on Library grounds. If it is found out that alcohol was present during an event, the entire
deposit will be kept.
- No structural or permanent physical alterations or modification of Library property is
allowed. Nothing can be attached to walls or ceiling without the express permission of the
- All fire regulations and laws concerning public safety, including emergency exit regulations,
must be observed at all times. Walkways to exits must be kept clear at all times. The use of
open flames, burning, or smoke emitting materials as part of an act, display, show or
otherwise are not allowed.
- Renters agree to leave the facility that includes the kitchen, foyer, hallways, and restrooms
in a clean and orderly condition.
- Fog and/or smoke machines are prohibited.
- At the conclusion of events the following must be done:
Tables and chairs must be returned to where they were found.
Lights must be turned off, including those in the restrooms.
Floors must be swept (library will mop).
Trash must be bagged and deposited in the outside containers.
Restrooms must be checked for running water and toilets must be flushed.
Any items brought into the building MUST be taken out at the end of rental, unless
prior arrangements with Library Director have been made.
- If rental key is lost, the renter will be billed $150.00.
- Rental key MUST be returned within 2 business days of event or $5.00 of the deposit will
be kept for each additional day.